– Recall that violently rejecting a tyrannical government goes against everything our forefathers believed in.
– Find common ground by recognizing that some kids are huge assholes.
– Make sure any protests are peaceful, silent, and completely out of sight of anyone who could actually affect government policy.
– Give your political opponents the benefit of the doubt by letting this play out for 20 years and seeing if it gets any better on its own.
– Realize that every pressing social issue is solved through civil discourse if you ignore virtually all of human history.
– Remind yourself that you’re just two people having a cocktail at the same D.C. party and that politics is a game to you.